- Introduction and General Terms
- what information Notre Dame de France may collect about you;
- how Notre Dame de France will use information we collect about you;
- when Notre Dame de France may use your details to contact you;
- whether Notre Dame de France will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us and how you can exercise your rights in relation to those choices.
Notre Dame de France is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Who we are
Notre Dame de France is a registered charity No. 1177995. Notre Dame de France’s registered address is 5 Leicester Place, London WC2H 7BX.
- What information will Notre Dame de France collect about me?
When you contact Notre Dame de France to make a donation, purchase an item online, or sign up to any of Notre Dame de France’s activities or online content, such as newsletters, or you telephone, email, write to Notre Dame de France, or engage with Notre Dame de France via social media channels, we may receive and retain personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, bank account details to process donations and whether or not you are a tax payer so that we can claim gift aid.
By submitting your details, you enable Notre Dame de France (and where applicable any sub-contractors we may use) to raise funds and to provide you with the goods, services, information, activities or online content you select.
We do not usually collect “sensitive personal data” about you, e.g. health status, unless there is a clear reason for doing so – such as participation in an event where we need this to ensure that we provide appropriate facilities or support to enable you to participate in an event. Clear notices will be provided on applications for such events so that it is clear what information we need and why we need it.
If you are simply browsing our website as an anonymous visitor, Notre Dame de France may still collect certain information from you, such as your IP addresses (an IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet).
- How will Notre Dame de France use the information you collect about me?
Notre Dame de France will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- in relation to any correspondence you have entered into with us whether by letter, email, social media, message board or any other means;
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that Notre Dame de France may contact you for reasons related to donations you have made or the activity or online content you have signed up for;
- for internal record keeping;
- to fulfil sales contracts you have entered into with Notre Dame de France;
- to contact you about any content you provide;
- to invite you to participate in surveys or research about Notre Dame de France or our work (participation is always voluntary);
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see below);
- to provide you with information about our activities or online content you have agreed to receive;
- to personalise the way Notre Dame de France content is presented to you;
- Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Notre Dame de France will only contact you for marketing purposes by email or other electronic means if you have agreed to be contacted for these purposes.
If you wish to contact us either to obtain information about our work or to stop us sending you such information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 020 7437 9363 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) or write to 5 Leicester Place, London WC2H 7BX with the details. You may also opt out of marketing emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in any marketing email from Notre Dame de France or via MyChurchSuite if you have subscribed to this service.
- Will Notre Dame de France share my personal information with anyone else?
We will only use your information within Notre Dame de France for the purposes for which it was obtained, unless you have explicitly agreed that we may share your information with another organisation. Sometimes Notre Dame de France contracts third parties to process your information on our behalf. We will make sure these third parties comply strictly with the new GDPR and data protection laws.
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies for tax purposes or law enforcement agencies for the prevention and detection of crime, subject to such bodies providing us with a relevant request in writing).
- Offensive or inappropriate content placed on Notre Dame de France website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content to or anywhere on Notre Dame de France website or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any parish service, we may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Notre Dame de France reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England and Wales (or the law of Scotland if you live there) (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
- How long will Notre Dame de France keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, eg we will keep a record of donations for at least seven years. If you request us not to send you marketing information we will keep a record of your contact details and appropriate information to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted by us.
Where you contribute material to us, e.g. user generated content or in response to a particular campaign we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted unless otherwise stated at the point of generation.
- What is Notre Dame de France’s policy on allowing me to update, correct, or delete my personal information?
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We are now using ChurchSuite as a database and if you have subscribed to MyChurchSuite, you can amend your contact details and any of the other information we hold. You can also:
email us at email@example.com, or write to 5 Leicester Place, London WC2H 7BX with the details.
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification). From 25th May 2018 under the new GDPR, this service will be free of charge.